People from all around the world read and edit the forums. Like any other collaborative project, not everyone will agree all the time. Keep discussions civil and be open minded about differing opinions. We're all here because we love the same topic.
So don't say nasty things about other people — only comment on the substance of their ideas. If you choose to disregard this warning, you will most definitely, most swiftly, and most infinitely be blocked.
Editing your own posts
You may edit your previous posts so long as:
- No one has already quoted your comments. It's not fair to make a later poster look like they've misquoted you.
- You are not changing your basic position. Don't agree to a certain position then edit your post such that it appears you now disagree with that position. If you want to change your mind, you must do so in a wholly new post.
When your post may be deleted or moved
A WF Admin may move your thread or post for the purposes of archiving a closed discussion, or if you appear to have posted in the wrong Board. They may delete your thread or post if they believe:
- you have posted off topic
- you have introduced unhelpful language in a technical thread
- you have created a secondary discussion point about the same or similar topic being discussed in another thread
- your post is materially wrong in a technical thread, and could therefore lead to confusion about how to use the MediaWiki software or any services provided by Wikia, Inc.
- your post or thread violates our rules against disrupting the wiki by making the same point in several different places — particularly one that has been defeated by the community
- your post or thread attacks another user or offends other, reasonably-applicable policies
This wiki's discussion policy covers all discussions in forums, within any odd-numbered namespace, and, except where specifically noted otherwise.
- We do not allow general discussion space anywhere on the wiki. All discussion on the wiki must be about the DWU or editing of this wiki in some way.
- Keep it civil. Civility is expected to be maintained in all discussions. We will tolerate no personal attacks in discussions. Personal attacks made against users is a blockable offence.
- Forum posts should not comprise the majority of your contributions to this wiki. Users whose are mostly here to use our discussion areas may find that their opinions on how to actually edit the wiki are discounted. It's important that your editing with us be well-rounded if you want your opinions in our forums to be taken seriously.