The original Cybermen
|War of the Cybermen|
|Format:||1x45 minute format|
|Previous Story:||Sphinx's Wrath|
|Following Story:||The Third Man|
"Cybermen from parallel Earth are inferior. We are the true Cybermen!" - Cyber-Lord
Deep within the glaciers of Greenland, a probe containing a TARDIS-like vortex manipulator has been unearthed. Coincidentally, a ship has been found directly beneath it. Both hold nearly exactly the same thing. The probe houses a stasis chamber of hundreds of Cybermen from before Mondas' destruction. The ship contains hundreds of Cybermen from a parallel universe. Both have been awakened, and once the two variants clash - the winner will get Earth.
- The Doctor - Matt Smith
- Amy Pond - Karen Gillan
- Rory Williams - Arthur Darvill
- Cybus Cybermen Voice - Nicholas Briggs
- Cybermen Voice - Doug Bradley
Behind the scenes
- The Mondasian Cybermen have undergone a low-level redesign following their last appearance in Silver Nemesis. The overall shape of the Cybermen appears to have been "slimmed down" since their last appearance offering a more lean and cyborg-like appearance. Their chest plates have undergone a drastic change with a small screen displaying computer generated symbols replacing the covered mechanical raspetory system.
- The Mondasian Cybermen appear to have a deeper, more menacing voice than their Cybus counterparts. Also of note, their "mouths" do not light up like their parallel universe analogues.
- The Cybus Cybermen seem to have evolved, their race showing space-faring and basic time travel capabilities in this story.
- The Mondasian Cybermen featured in this story are hindered, but not killed by the substance of gold in their systems. A Cyberman can however be subdued for several hours if it comes in contact.
|Phoenix Saga - Series 6|
Xmas Special - Joyeux Noel
Swan Pond • The Man From The Stars • The Picture • Night of the Empty • Dawn of the Shadows • The Death of Hope • Rise of Atlantis • Necropolis • Sphinx's Wrath • War of the Cybermen • The Third Man • Ex Nihilo • Son of Perdition